Monday, November 9, 2009

Lookin' Good in Lanc City [vol. VIII]

Cue the Cubicle Earbuds: More reason I'm excited to go to Scotland - The beautiful & amazing 5 guys basing out of Glasgow, Snow Patrol, has decided to release more music making this American girl want to Just Say Yes

Brit Slang of the Week: It's not actually slang... but put 3 Americans, an Englishman, and a German in a room and we discover how to pronounce the word "jalapeno". Yes, that's right. Americans (thank you, Hispanic culture being so common) pronounce it correctly... and the Germans do too... but those Brits - Click here to listen. "ha-la-pain-yo" is how I say it... but here I apparently need to pronounce it "ja-la-pea-no". Erlack!

What's on Telly: Dani & Virginia went to Liverpool this weekend, and in an effort to keep the surprise & save money, I stayed behind. But looking at their pictures and knowing they were inches away from greatness, I watched A Hard Day's Night and Help! Not only was I tearing up at random points and so happy that I'm so close to where everything happened, but I confirmed that I have a crush on all four men. I don't care if they're dead and/or 40+ years older than me...
Mighty Minger: Stupid Yankees. Any Brit in a Yank cap gets scathing glances from me, that's for sure. Psh, they don't even know baseball.

Least Mingin' Thing To Deal With: It's a BEAUTIFUL day outside - especially after a superiously gross weekend full of Brit weather (and my computer is back! Miracles do happen)

Reward for High Productivity: Going to Cork for the weekend to kiss some Blarney Stones and rekindle my luck of the Irish. :) :) :)

Like It, Love It, Want More of It!: I got my care package from the girls back home in ADPi and I absolutely loved it! It's nice to feel loved (and it makes me look loved with all the notes on my wall - Even boys are jealous)!

No comments:

Post a Comment