Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lookin' Good in Lanc City [vol. ii]

What to Wear: Men's blazers instead of cardigans
What NOT to Wear: Non-skinny jeans
What to Shoe: Fringed Indian sandals
What to Handbag: Purses that have long straps a la 80's-90's style
What to Accessory: Bows! Yayy I'm in luck!
What to Hair: Short and many different lengths
What to Makeup: Lots of eyeliner and masacara and the rest quite natural? Yep, it was very popular on the train...
What to Fragrance: David Beckham is the lads favorite - especially with his return to the UK to play for England in the game against Croatia on Saturday!
What to Gift: Homemade pizza to any American will make them tear with the sweet, greasy taste of home. :)
What to Read: The Best of Men by Claire Letemendia - I saw at least 12 people reading this on the trains and look forward to putting it on my mile long must-read list. Sounds interesting.
What to TV: The X Factor - It's the precursor to American Idol (created by good ol' Simon) but the auditions are far better and the bad contestants put sunshine to your dark and rainy day - You can also watch it on-line!
What to Snack: Jaffa Cakes - Chocolate covered cake bars with orange jelly in the middle.
What to Rerun: Extreme Fishing with Robson Greene - I blame the Collings family on this one. It doesn't sound very Sarah-esque but Robson has the perfect dry, British humor on the planet and the fishing he does is actually really cool. I'm perferably a fan of the catfishing in Knoxville, TN or swim-fishing in a river in Costa Rica.
What to Listen To: When Love Takes Over - David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland - Also blamed on Mike. This was his ringtone and even though I made fun of him endlessly for listening to Kelly Rowland... I found myself singing it these past two mornings.
What to Download: Shows off of sidereel.com that satisfy my American TV hunger. They have Asian subtitles most of the time and the quality isn't the best but it's saving those rainy indoor days from going to a total waste (of money that is).
Fashion-Forward Video: JLS - Beat again - When you watch it you actually wonder if these guys are for real in 2009. Yes, the boy band, cheesy smiles and dance moves are number 13 on the music charts of the UK
What to Drink: Squash! It's highly concentrated juice that you mix with water... mmmm good
What to Make: Chicken Tikka Masala - yes I made this for Craig & I on Sunday. It's actually really easy to make when you're living in a country where Indian is the ethnic food of choice.
Secret Weapon: American accents. I literally am adored the minute someone finds out I'm a yank. Even the nice soccer hooligans on the train ride decided to sing me "Sweet Caroline" when they noticed they "have a yank amongst us, men!"
Where to Holiday: Poole, Dorset, England. Set in between a harbor and the Channel.. it's the perfect spot in England to take a relaxing (and not as wet) weekend holiday :)
Looking Busted: Gordon Brown who apparently did not want the Lockerbie bomber to die in prison causing quite the scandal.
Looking Extra Foxy: Pixie Lott [pictured at top] - New singer who is literally everywhere, proving to be the next Duffy.
Hot Couple: Mike & I - finally (duhhh...)
Bizarre but Brilliant: Tia's mother saying she'll pay for a ticket to come on over and visit me!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAYY I'm so excited for you!!! I'm glad you are having such a great time and i love your blog. i also love that you were serenaded by soccer hooligans... jealous!

    ReplyDelete