Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lookin' Good in Lanc City [vol. IV]

Cue the Cubicle Earbuds: Dizzee Rascal is someone I have been neglecting to inform the Yanks about. Oops. Dizzee according to Fresher Rep Kate is "Amazing" (she just saw him last week) and according to Mike is "Well Funny" (he's seen him in concert a couple of times). I should have jumped at the first chance to interview him when I went to my first paper meeting. Don't worry, I'm going to start being more assertive with the next round of reviews and such. Why not check out the song that is most familiar to my ears these days - Holiday

Brit Slang of the Week: Fancy: 1. [adj.] pretty, luxurious, nice That dress is really fancy! 2. [verb] the want or need something Fancy going to the rugby match? 3. [verb] to have a crush on someone The guy over there said he fancies you. All of these have been used in the past week in my conversations :)

Minger of the Week: The unhappy British man on the bus who not only glared at us the whole ride, but muttered "Bloody Americans" as he exited. Too bad half of us were British, good sir.

Stay Classy, England: Dannii Minogue (little sis of Kylie and judge on The X Factor) made some silly comment about Danyl (who is awesome) changing the song to be about girls instead of guys even though he's bisexual. Ooohh mannnnnn. This is big news. But check out Danyl

What's on Telly: I watched The Office: UK Version and understood it all! But when I moved on to The Office: US Version, I realized I missed it. It's not that America is better (ha ha we are!) but Steve Carrell and Rainn Wilson are just too hilarious. Garreth Keenan holds nothing to Dwight Schrute.

Apres-Weekend Guilt: I have slept in until 12 every day this weekend. And that worries me because I never do that. But don't worry. I am looking forward to a nice long weekend exploring the British library system. Wonderful.

Most Mingin' Thing to Deal with This Week: The British library system. Not only do I have a list as long as a tapeworm for reading I would like to get done, but there are very few classes that have textbooks in the UK (so purchasing is out of the questions) and apparently it's perfectly acceptable to have required reading books not on reserve for those who do not own them... Finding them with that Dewey Decimal system is GREAT fun. Fancy a go?

Feeding the Minds and Soul: Dragonfruit! Tonight after I return from my awesome day in the library, the girls are going to take that lovely food and try and turn it into muffins. So excited!!!

Reward for High-Productivity: Another game of hearts with the flatmates? That was how we spent 3 hours on Saturday night. Obviously the really cool Americans party hard.

Takin' the Sting out of Mingin' Mondays: Even though England lost last Saturday... The Phillies are doing well and even though I'm hundreds of miles away from sweet, sweet Philadelphia, I am following those babies. Keep it up, boys!

Word to the Wise: Don't do laundry on the weekends. It will guarantee a bad mood

No comments:

Post a Comment