Monday, October 19, 2009

Lookin' Good in Lanc City [vol. V]

Cue the Cubicle Earbuds: I have been here for 2 months and so I think that warrants a playlist of all the big songs in the UK for everyone to download (illegally in some cases ha ha). Then you can all jam out Sarah style. I bring the UK to you.
Lookin' Good Soundtrack I
1) The Ian Carey Project - Get Shaky
2) Esmee Denters - Outta Here
3) Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
4) Kelly Rowland feat David Guetta - When Love Takes Over
5) Dizzee Rascal - Holiday
6) Sugababes - Get Sexy
7) Robbie Williams - Bodies
8) Chipmunk - Oopsy Daisy
9) Taio Crus - Break Your Heart
10) Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet
11) David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy Chick
12) The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
13) Pixie Lott - Boys & Girls
14) JLS - Beat Again
15) Paolo Nutini - Pencil Full of Lead
16) Mika - We Are Golden
17) Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend
18) Noisettes - Never Forget You
19) Peter Andre - Behind Closed Doors
20) Cascada - Dangerous

Brit Slang of the Week: [per Father's request] Minging - verb 1. smelly I don't like to walk down there by the bay - It's minging. 2. Ugly There is no amount of alcohol to make that boy less minging. 3. Drunk [I have yet to hear it actually used this way but I was told this is another definition] I wish I didn't get so minging last night. 4. Generally distasteful The rain yesterday was just downright minging.

What's on Telly: There really seems to be nothing exciting or new on telly over here, so I'm catching up on all my favorite TV shows and discovering some new ones.

Apres-Weekend Guilt: I definitely did not do as much work as I could have been doing with all the free time I have but I definitely made sure I didn't put it to waste. Going outside, exploring the town and enjoying nature & England at its finest is well worth it in my mind.
Mingers Outside: The lousy construction workers who are tearing up the ground everywhere out front of my building, starting right away at 8 in the morning, and blaring their music so they can hear it over the drone of the machines (and so I can 4 stories up).

Workin' the Cobblestone Runways: Tights, tights, tights! The more crazy, the better. Wear them under everything! Just make sure they are part of your wardrobe, ladies. And yes, these are all prints you can get for your tights (and don't think I haven't seen crazy ones like these out - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!)

Most Mingin' Thing to Deal With This Week: I actually have something due next week (a presentation on "Distinguishing between location factors which promote market-seeking and export-platform international business operations") which makes the first actual assignment I've had since my summer course. Mingin'.

Takin' the Sting Out of Mingin' Mondays: I got super cheap Danish Sugar Cookies & 2 for 1 Ben & Jerry's for super cheap at Sainsbury's satisfying my sweet tooth and sustaining me through my research.

Word to the Wise: If you find a guy cute because he has a pretty face and dresses like Shia LaBeouf, check to see if he has a rat tail. It's happened to the best of us (just ask Dani haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment