Monday, October 26, 2009

Lookin' Good in Lanc City [vol. VI]

Brit Slang: Knackered [verb]: exhausted I am knackered after the hike we had today. However, if you talk to someone of a different generation, on the mature side of the spectrum, it means exhausted in a different way... and you might not want to get caught in that tangle. Totally acceptable (and innocent) with the yuppies and younger, though.
Reward for High Productivity: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is playing at the LU Cinema this week for 2 pounds. Ha! I get my work done & I'm so there for some quality Shia LaBeouf time. Mom, I know you're cringing...
Apres-Weekend Guilt: I wanted to get work done on Saturday as well as Sunday... that didn't happen. But I did get work done yesterday and I am taking a break from some MAJOR productivity.
Cue the Cubicle Earbuds: I'm loving X-Factor Judge, Cheryl Cole's, new single Fight for This Love - lots of fun to dance to, and the boys love her (she isvery pretty) - but I'm excited with the LONG AWAITED entry of Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meester. It's amazing and I think I was the happiest girl ever when I heard that. Sad the little things that make you miss home... like crazy songs.
What's on Telly: I've been spending much time with Project Runway, and Season 5 is by far a fave - All three women's runway shows actually had things I would want. WOAH. However, I'm a total fan of Kenley Collins, even if no one likes her attitude.
Takin' the Sting Out of Mingin' Mondays: I got some DELICIOUS food from Sainsbury's last Friday (Even though I had to take a normally 15 minute bus ride that lasted 2+ hours...) and after making some interesting beef stew (but good) I'm attempting my own take on my mother's fabuloussss corn chowder (which I'm hoping she's planning on making for me when I get home because I think I miss that most!). Fingers crossed!
Let's Travel!: We're starting to get that travel bug again, and even though I don't think I'm going anywhere this weekend (Laura is throwing a Halloween party I am required to attend), we're starting to think of places to explore. Dublin? Scotland? Liverpool to visit with Tim & some friends? Or Blandford to visit some swell British boys I know? Who knows where I'll go next but get excited.
Least Mingin' Thing to Deal With: Planning for the arrival of 4 amazing people in my lives including 2 really swell best friends who are willing to give up their Christmas's to see little ol' me across the pond. I'm one of the luckiest girls in the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment